Clinical supervision and career development
Congratulations on your accomplishments to get you through to this stage of the licensing process!
Marci is currently accepting applications from a limited number of LPC-Interns that show potential for success and ethical behavior in this demanding field. Choosing the right supervisor for your LPC internship is critical to your professional development. I am invested in helping you become an ethical and competent therapist. Development is one of the main goals of supervision. During supervision, we will focus on developing your clinical techniques but more importantly we will work together to develop and discover yourself as a counselor.
I am approved by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors to provide supervision to LPC-Interns who are working towards the required practicum hours. Supervision will be based on the guidelines established by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors. Besides reviewing clinical cases, I also cover a wide variety of topics in supervision including, confidentiality, treatment planning, diagnosing, termination, business planning and boundaries. Please contact me to set up a face-to-face meeting if you believe we could be a good fit.
The supervision will occur at my office or online for an alloted 10% of our time together. Face-to-face supervision will last one hour, and occur once a week in either an individual or group setting. Group supervision will make up no more than half of the required supervision hours.
Requirements to start Supervision
• Copy of Transcript
• Copy of NCE Score
• Copy of Temporary License
• Copy of Liability Insurance
• Signed Supervisory Agreement Form
• Licensing paperwork to send to the TX State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors
Texas State Requirements
- Masters Degree in counseling from an accredited university and completion of all classes and practicum as required by the LPC Board. For information go to
- Successful completion of the National Counselor Exam (NCE) Interview with potential supervisor and supervision contract signed by both parties.
- Application for LPC Licensure, Practicum Documentation, and Supervisory Agreement Form sent to the Texas State Board of Examiners in Austin.
*Please know that it may take as long as six weeks for the application to be processed.
The American Counseling Association
National Board of Certified Counselors
Texas Counseling Association
Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors Homepage